Home Blog

Stuart Broad is fined for Breaching ICC Code of Conduct when dismissing Yasir Shah!

0
Yasir

England’s Star Cricketer & a member of 500 Test Wicket Club Stuart Broad has been fined by his Father Chris Broad for breaching the ICC’s Code of Conduct during the First test match against Pakistan. Stuart used abusive language when he took the wicket of Yasir Shah which is against ICC’s code of conduct.

Stuart Broad was fined 15% of his total match fee for a level one breach of ICC code of conduct as he used inappropriate language when dismissing Yasir Shah in Pakistan’s Second Innings at Old Trafford on Saturday just few hours before England achieve an epic three wickets win against Pakistan. Stuart Broad has gained three demerits in the last 24 months, first one when playing against India & the second one during the match against South Africa in 2018 & the third is the recent one which he gained after abusing Yasir Shah while sending him off field.

Broad admitted his Offence & also accepted the penalty proposed by his father Chris Broad the former England batsman who is also the member of the ICC’s elite panel of match referees. Chris Broad along with a team of other Umpires will be officiating in the three match Test series after England’s 2-1 Series win last month against the West Indies. The second Test Match between England & Pakistan will start on Thursday at Southampton.

CSK will leave for UAE on August 21 for the Upcoming IPL Season!

0
Viswanathan

On Tuesday, CSK will leave for UAE on August 21 for the IPL 2020 said CSK CEO, Kasi Viswanathan. Before heading for UAE the team will attend a Training camp in Chennai at the the MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk), said Viswanathan, while speaking to Media.

He also added that “Dubai will be the base camp for the CSK squad. The team will start practicing at Chepauk from August 16 & will leave for UAE on August 21. Dhoni and Raina, along with other team members, would arrive by August 14-15, and we would leave for UAE around August 21”.

The franchise is also looking forward to carry 8-10 Net bowlers however nothing has been finalized yet. The 13th edition of the IPL will now be played only for 53 days from September 19 to November 10 in a bio-secure bubble to ensure the safety of management & players. The matches will be played across three venues Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Sharjah.

On Monday BCCI also received a formal written approval by the Government to stage IPL in the UAE. The timings of both the slots of matches will be played half-an-hour earlier than usual timings.

“IPL 2020 will be played from September 19 and the final will be played on November 10, 2020. The 53-day tournament will witness 10-afternoon matches starting at 15:30 IST while the evening matches will start at 19:30 IST,” the BCCI release had stated.

The Emirates Cricket Board had also confirmed that they have received Official Clearance from the BCCI to host the IPL 2020. The IPL was originally scheduled to be played from March 29 but was postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus pandemic. However now the IPL is all start to kick start on the rustic grounds of UAE.

Virat & Anushka Competes with each other in a Fun-filled Quiz Session!

0
Questions

Virat took to Instagram on Wednesday & shared a video in which he is seen competing with his beloved wife Anushka in a funfilled game where the couple tests who knows who much better by asking some interesting questions to each other.

In the video Virat & Anushka ask each other different questions about their profession & their interests & hobbies & their frenzy answers to some simple questions left the fans burst in laughter. While Anushka proved that she has a very good knowledge about cricket Virat failed to answer a simple question about Bollywood & significantly loss the first round.

“Find out who knows who better, in this fun and interactive #TakeABreak session with us. Hope you guys enjoy it and figure out who the winner is because I couldn’t! @anushkasharma,” Virat captioned the video on Instagram.

Virat Kohli who is also the Captain of RCB look forward to win the prestigious IPL title as the IPL 2020 will start from next month in UAE. The 31 year old has been working hard towards his fitness & has been sharing several workout videos with his fans on social media.

The 13th edition of the IPL will start on September 17 & the finals will take place on November 10 in the UAE. All the matches will be played behind closed doors across three venues Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Sharjah.

The Entire Cricket Fraternity Extends Wishes on the Auspicious Occasion of Janmashtami!

0
Krishna Janmashtami

Current & Former Indian Cricketers took to social media to extend their wishes for their fans on the pious occasion of Krishna Janmashtami.

The legendary Indian batsman, Sachin tendulkar took to Twitter & wrote, “Wishing you all a very happy & blessed Shri #KrishnaJanmashtami”. Shikhar Dhawan also extended greetings to his fans through social media. Dhawan took to Twitter & wrote, “A happy Janmashtami to everyone out there today. Stay safe”.

CSK’s star batsman Suresh Raina also took to social media to wish his fans on the auspicious occasion. In his tweet Suresh Raina wrote, “Happy Janmashtami Everyone. May Lord Krishna be with you and your family always! #JaiShriKrishna”.

Former Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh also sent greetings to his fans on the pious occasion of Janmashtami. Yuvraj wrote in his tweet, “Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Janmashtami. May Lord Krishna bless everyone with happiness and laughter! #KrishnaJanmashtami”.

Indian Cricket team’s head coach Ravi Shastri also wished his fans by tweeting, “On the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami, may Lord Krishna enrich your life and lead you to the path of virtue and righteousness. #HappyJanmashtami #KrishnaJanmashtami #LordKrishna”.

Ajinkya Rahane who was the Vice-Captain of the Indian Test Cricket team also took to twitter to greet his fans on Janmashtami. He also tweeted, “Happy Janmashtami to everyone…will miss watching the normal dahi handi celebrations in Mumbai this year. Stay home, stay safe. #HappyJanmashtami”.

ECB Women’s Domestic Tournament will be named as ”Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy”

0
Heyhoe

The ECB on Tuesday has announced that the upcoming Women’s domestic 50 over tournament will be named as “Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy” in honor of England’s pioneering World Cup Winning Captain.

The renowned competition has been created for this summer season to ensure that Women’s Domestic Cricket is played despite the challenges faced because of COVID-19. The competition will begin on the August Bank Holiday weekend and it will feature eight teams from the new elite domestic structure playing in two regionalized groups of four.

Each participating team will play six group matches with the top team in every group to progress to the finals which is scheduled on Saturday 26th September. The team with highest points at the end of the group stage will enter the finals.

“I’m delighted that, despite the obvious challenges of COVID-19, we have been able to continue to build the new women’s elite domestic structure to the point that we’ll see the eight regions playing 50-over cricket this summer. Off the back of appointing the eight Regional Directors of Women’s Cricket and awarding Regional Retainers, we have worked closely with colleagues across the men’s domestic game to ensure we are able to stage domestic women’s cricket safely and at high-quality venues,” ECB’s Managing Director of Women’s Cricket, Clare Connor, said in an official statement.

Baroness Rachael Heyhoe Flint OBE led England to the first ever Cricket World Cup title in 1973 while off field her tireless determination for equality in men’s & women’s cricket laid the foundations for the opportunities presented to modern day players.

Heyhoe Flint played 22 Tests and 23 ODIs during a 19-year England career and she is also a member of the ICC Hall of Fame. The Women’s Cricketer of the Year Award was created & named after Heyhoe Flint in 2017 as a tribute to her after her death in that same year. Heyhoe died at the age of 77 in 2017.

Mumbai Indians Star Jasprit Bumrah is ready to rock the field in the IPL 2020!

0
Mumbai

Jasprit Bumrah is one of the best player of the Mumbai Indians franchise & in five years from his debut he became one of the three players who has been retained by the franchise ahead of the mega auction in 2018.

While injury had kept him away from cricket since half year of 2019. However the right hand pacer has returned to action for team India this year & is now set to play for Mumbai Indians in the UAE where the IPL 2020 will be held. The extended break for Jasprit first due to injury & then due to the COVID-19 pandemic could be “the calm before the storm” as Mumbai Indians franchise put in the post where Bumrah is seen plugging his headphones while relaxing on his armchair.

Bumrah has an interesting IPL career by grabbing 82 wickets from 77 matches for the franchise at an economy rate of 7.55 & finished with 19 wickets from 16 matches in Mumbai’s title winning match in 2019. Headed by Rohit Sharma Mumbai Indians are the only franchise to win IPL title for four times & would look forward to add bag IPL’s title for fifth time when IPL starts from September 19 in the UAE.

The league has been scheduled in UAE this year due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic in India & restrictions on travel & movement imposed by the central & state governments. The IPL finals is likely to be held on November 10 & the tournament will be played across three venues Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.

Ravindra Jadeja’s Wife is caught by Police for not wearing a Face mask!

0
Rivaba

Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja’s wife Rivaba Jadeja got involved in an argument with a police constable in Gujrat’s Rajkot after the Police asked her the reason for not wearing a mask police said on Tuesday.

Ravindra Jadeja was driving the car at the time when the incident took place on Monday night. While he was wearing a mask his wife who was sitting beside him was not wearing a mask said the senior Police Officer. The cricketer’s wife had a long argument with the head constable Sonal Goasai when the Officer stopped Jadeja’s car at Kisanpara Chowk after noticing that she was not wearing a mask, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Manoharsin Jadeja told media.

“Our primary investigation has revealed that Rivaba Jadeja was not wearing a mask. While it is a matter of investigation why the issue escalated, we have learnt that both the parties entered into a verbal spat,” the DCP said.

After the argument Gosai complained of uneasiness and was taken to a nearby hospital, the DCP said. She was discharged after half an hour & is absolutely fine new the other Police Officer said adding that no FIR has been lodged yet.

Sri Lanka Postpones Lanka Premier League due to Quarantine Rules!

0
Lanka

The Lanka Premier league which was scheduled to commence from August 28 to September 20 has been postponed indefinitely. Sri Lanka’s Cricket Board on Tuesday has indefinitely postponed the Lankan Premier League tournament which was scheduled for later this month as the health authorities insisted to go for a two-week quarantine for foreign players. SLC had announced last month that if hopes to resume the top-level cricket with the Lankan Premier League from August 28 with the participation of 70 International players.

“We asked for a three-day quarantine period, but the health authorities insisted on 14 days,” a cricket official told media. “Under those restrictions, it is not feasible to hold the tournament this month.” The SLC has scheduled 23 matches to be played from August 28 to September 20. The matches were to be played at four international venues in Sri Lanka.

The IPL is scheduled to start in the UAE from September 19 & Final is on 10th November across three venues Abu Dhabi, Sharjah & Dubai.

Sri Lanka Cricket has not named any foreign players who has agreed to play in the LPL. All the people entering in Sri Lanka needs to quarantine for a period of two weeks at state managed centers followed by two weeks of self-quarantine.

The government had announced the reopening of the country’s International airports to foreign tourists from August 1 but it was postponed due to the fear of sudden rise of coronavirus cases. Sri Lanka has reported over 2,875 corona positive cases with 11 deaths according to the recent figures. Various tournaments which were scheduled in Sri Lanka has been canceled due to the havoc created by coronavirus.

England’s Dan Lawrence will miss 2nd Pakistan Test Match due to Family Trauma!

0
lawrence

Dan Lawrence will no longer be a part of the England Squad for this week’s second Test match against Pakistan which will commence in Southampton in order to support his family in a situation of grief & sorrow, ECB announced on Monday.

The 23 year old star batsman has been in the squad’s bio-secure bubble during the past four matches. Lawrence had an opportunity to replace Ben Stokes who will head to New Zealand for certain personal reasons but now the sudden withdrawal of Lawrence gives way for the return of Zak Crawley after staying out for two integral Test matches.

England said that they will not look for any replacements either for Lawrence or Stokes. All-rounder Stokes who has played in England’s three wicket win in last week’s first test against Pakistan at Old Trafford will miss the final two Test matches of the three match Test series against England. His parents live in New Zealand where Stokes was born & was brought up in England.

Stokes’s father Ged is a former New Zealand rugby league International & has underwent three operations & spent about 37 days in a Johannesburg hospital after being admitted in December by following his son during England’s tour of South Africa. His condition initially was critical & now has been stabilized after Stokes return to New Zealand.

Talking about Stokes absence due to family emergency & Lawrence departure due to family bereavement Anderson said on Monday, “It’s a big blow for us because Stokes is a big part of our team on the field and off it. Obviously family comes first and we all rally around him and support him as best we can. We’ve got two games left to play and we’re confident with the guys we’ve got here, there’s a lot of quality and whoever comes in we’re sure will be fantastic.”

ICC Board is yet to finalize the Election Process of its New Chairman!

0
ICC

The ICC conducted Board of Directors Meeting on Monday which ended up being unsuccessful as the Board failed to reach any decision over Shashank’s Manohar’s replacement & election of the New Chairman of the board.

The Sole Agenda of Monday’s Meeting was to finalize the whole nomination process for the election of New Chairman but no breakthrough could be made over a unanimous choice to lead the ICC which is Cricket’s Global Governing body. “Yes, there was no unanimity on a number of issues. Firstly, there is a divided house on whether there should be simple majority or the existing 2/3rd majority in a house of 17,” an ICC Board member told media.

However the bigger issue is lack of acceptable & there is no clarity whether BCCI President Sourav Ganguly will participate in the election or not. Whereas PCB Chief Ehsan Mani is clear that he would not leave his home board as directed by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

Right now there are many candidates who are looking forward to lead the ICC. “Colin Graves (England) is a strong candidate but it can’t be said that he is favorite anymore. There are countries which won’t support Graves. “Similarly, someone like Dave Cameron (former Cricket West Indies president) may enter the fray with support of two independent directors but may not get enough numbers. Ditto for Chris Nenzani (South Africa),” a former ICC Director, who is abreast of the latest developments, said.

The administrator made it clear that at this point no potential candidate has enough number of votes to go ahead in long run & that’s the precise reason that the Board is not able to come up with a uniform election process.

“The best solution is to have a candidate acceptable to all and avoid an election which creates a tense atmosphere between member nations. But yes, I agree that by now, we should have been able to finalize the nomination process,” the official concluded.