The ICC on Monday announced their most valuable team of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022. Notably, two Indian players, Virat Kohli & Suryakumar Yadav have made the cut into the well-selected team. On the other hand players from six different nations have also been named in this team.
Players from England, Pakistan, India, New Zealand, Zimbabwe as well as South Africa have managed to get a berth in the Most Valuable team of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022. Jos Buttler, Alex Hales & pacer Sam Curran from the 2022 Champions team England are included in the team as they have helped England to clinch their second T20 World Cup title.
New Zealand’s star performer Glenn Phillips, T20 World Cup’s leading run-scorer Virat Kohli, Pakistan’s pace sensation Shaheen Afridi & Zimbabwe’s star all-rounder Sikandar Raza are also a part of the gleaming lineup.
The team was selected by a special selection panel featuring commentators, former players, & journalists such as Ian Bishop (Convener), Mel Jones (commentators), Shivnarine Chanderpaul (ICC hall of Famer), Partha Bhaduri (Journalist of Times of India) & Wasim Khan (ICC General Manager of Cricket).
Let’s have a look at ICC Most Valuable Team of T20 World Cup 2022
- Alex Hales who created a mark in the tournament by returning with figures of 212 runs at an average of 42.40
- Jos Buttler, one of the best performers in the marquee event who had scored 225 runs at 45.00 along with nine wickets.
- Virat Kohli the star batter for the Indian Cricket team who turned the heads around by scoring 296 runs at 98.66.
- Suryakumar Yadav who dazzled the field with his power-hitting & scoring 239 runs at 59.75.
- New Zealand’s Glenn Phillips who amassed 201 runs at an average of 40.20 guiding Black Caps to the semifinals.
- Sikandar Raza the star performer for Zimbabwe who has scored 219 runs at 27.37 & 10 wickets at 15.60
- Shadab Khan who scored 98 runs for Pakistan at 24.50 & has scalped 11 wickets at an average of 15.00
- Sam Curran who guided England to a gleaming win by scalping 13 wickets at 11.38.
- South Africa’s Anrich Nortje who fetched 11 wickets at an enticing economy rate of 8.4.
- Mark Wood who fetched nine wickets at 12.00 for England.
- Shaheen Shah Afridi who has garnered attention by scalping 11 wickets at 14.09 economy rate.
These are the star players who have been included in the ICC Most valuable team of the T20 World Cup 2022.
Stay hooked to the Latest Cricket News, Latest Cricket Match News, Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket Match Score, Indian Cricket Team News & much more only at Cricketflicker!