IPL 2021 Final, CSK vs KKR, Stats Preview: The fields are set & players are ready as CSK will lock horns with KKR in the much anticipated final of the IPL 2021. The finals will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Friday. Looking at both the teams, they have displayed exemplary performances in this season & it would be interesting to watch which team will finally lift the gleaming IPL 2021 Trophy.
CSK has been consistent this season by winning almost every game they have played. Although huge defeats in their last three matches of league stages have lowered their morale, they bounced back by registering a thrilling four-wicket win in Qualifier 1 & entered directly to the finals of the IPL 2021.
On the other hand, KKR showed great character this season to make their way to the finals of the IPL 2021. KKR made a solid comeback in the UAE leg of the IPL by winning matches in a row & climbed up on the Points Table. They surprised everyone by qualifying for the playoffs by defeating Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator and Qualifier 2 respectively.
Both the teams have won the title earlier in the previous seasons of the league. KKR has won the title twice while CSK won the title thrice. Both the teams have earlier met into a face-off in the 2012 finals where KKR outclassed CSK to win the trophy. Thus it would be interesting to see whether CSK would be able to add the fourth title in its kitty or KKR repeats history by defeating ‘Yellove Army’.
Head to head Record:
Matches Played: 25
Matches won by CSK: 16
Matches won by KKR: 8
IPL 2021 Final, CSK vs KKR, Stats Preview
- Eoin Morgan needs 9 runs to become the 13th player to complete 1000 runs for KKR in IPL.
- Dinesh Karthik needs 3 dismissals to become the second wicketkeeper to effect 150 dismissals in IPL. MS Dhoni (161) is currently the lone holder of the record.
- Dwayne Bravo also needs just one more wickets to overtake Amit Mishra and become the second-highest wicket-taker in IPL history. Both Bravo and Mishra have 166 scalps at the moment. Lasith Malinga (170) tops this list.
- Robin Uthappa is just 55 runs away of completing 7000 runs in T20 cricket.
- Ambati Rayudu is just one big hit away from completing 200 sixes in T20 cricket.
- Rayudu is just one six away to complete 150 sixes in the Indian Premier League.
- Rayudu needs 84 runs to become the 9th Indian and 12th overall to slam 4000 runs in IPL.
- Andre Russell is just 7 hits away from completing 150 sixes in IPL.
- Sunil Narine could complete 1000 IPL runs. He is just 48 runs away from achieving the milestone. Narine would become the first all-rounder to score over 1000 runs and take over 100 wickets for KKR in IPL.
- Dinesh Karthik is on the verge of becoming the 11th player to hit 400 fours in the IPL. He is just one four way to achieve the landmark.
- Dinesh Karthik can also complete 200 sixes in T20 format. However, he needs as many as eight hits over the rope to get the feat.
Stay hooked to Cricketflicker for the Latest Cricket News on the IPL 2021, Full IPL 2021 Schedule, IPL 2021 Live Cricket Score, Ball to Ball Commentary, IPL Cricket Match Score, IPL Latest Cricket Score, IPL Cricket Match Updates & much more