IPL 2021, Match 40, SRH vs RR: The sun has finally risen for SRH has the squad has put all their efforts to seal a seven-wicket win over RR in match 40 of the IPL 2021 in Dubai on Monday.
Jason Roy & SRH Captain Kane Williamson starred with the bat as SRH chased the target in 18.3 overs. Chasing an average target of 165 runs, SRH started their innings with a bang, thanks to the ominous performance with the bat by Wriddhiman Saha & Jason Roy. Saha hit a six & a four in the third over off Jaydev Unadkat’s delivery while on the very next over the duo garnered 13 runs in Mustafizur Rahman’s delivery.
Jason Roy then smashed four fours off Chris Morris’s delivery right in the fifth over as Roy & Saha completed a quick-fire 50 runs stand. However soon Mahipal Lomror broke their dangerous pair by removing Wriddhiman Saha in the final over of the powerplay. But there was no stopping for Williamson who joined hands with Roy in the middle overs & the duo kept the scorecard ticking & took SRH to 90/1 after 10 overs. In the 11th over, Jason Roy smashed Rahul Tewatia by creaming six & three fours to complete his fifty runs on his debut for SRH & guided his side to 111/1.
Chetan Sakariya reduced Roy’s stint on the crease as he dismissed him for 60 while Priyam Garg got out off Mustafizur Rahman’s delivery, as he took a stunning catch on his own bowling. However, Williamson led the chase from the forefront along with Abhishek Sharma on the other side. The SRH skipper scored an unbeaten 51 as he and Sharma, who scored 21*, took SRH home.
Earlier RR won the toss & elected to bat first against SRH. RR made three changes to their line-up as Jaydev Unadkat, Evin Lewis, and Chris Morris replaced injured Kartik Tyagi, David Miller, and Tabraiz Shamsi. SRH on the other hand made four changes in their line-up as Jason Roy, Priyam Garg, Abhishek Sharma & Siddarth Kaul came into the team in place of David Warner, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, and an injured Khaleel Ahmed.
Sanju Samson’s blistering 82 runs Knock guided RR to an average total of 165 runs
RR soon lost their first wicket as Bhuvneshwar Kumar struck & removed Evin Lewis right on his first ball of the over. But Sanju Samson & Yashasvi Jaiswal stitched a strong partnership to take RR over 50 runs mark after the powerplay. Samson-Jaiswal duo soon completed their fifty-run stand in the ninth over. But SRH struck again & broke Jaiswal-Samson’s stand as Sandeep Sharma dismissed the left-hander for 36. RR lost another wicket in quick succession as Rashid Khan got Liam Livingstone out in the 11th over.
Sanju Samson & Mahipal Lomror continued with the fight & build on a scintillating 84 runs stand. The duo took RR to surpass 100 runs in the 14th over. Samson was in his best form as he hammered one four & two sixes in the 16th over to surpass fifty runs, crossing the 400 run mark in the IPL 2021 & completing 3000 runs in the IPL.
With just two overs left for their innings to end, RR had cruised their innings past 150 runs. However, SRH got things back in their control in the last two overs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar who bowled the second last over conceded just seven runs while Kaul scalped double wickets in the final over by dismissing Samson for fine 82 runs & Riyan Parag conceding just four runs as SRH restricted RR to 165/6.
The overall performance by SRH helped them to clinch their second win in the ongoing season of the IPL 2021. SRH will look ahead to continue their winning momentum to end their IPL campaign on a good note despite the end of their title run.
IPL 2021, Match 40, RR vs SRH: Stats & facts:
- Sandeep Sharma has scalped 53 wickets in the powerplay of the IPL which is most for any bowler. He surpassed Zaheer Khan’s record of 52 wickets
- Sanju Samson currently holds the Orange Cap in the IPL 2021. He surpassed Shikhar Dhawan’s tally of 430 runs. Samson has scored 433 runs in this season so far.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar has bowled nine maiden overs in IPL which is the third most for any bowler. Praveen Kumar bowled 14 maiden overs in the competition; Irfan Pathan bowled 10 maiden overs.
- Sanju Samson has scored 615 IPL runs against SRH which is the most by any batter in the history of the IPL.
- Sanju Samson became the 19th player to completre 3000 runs in the IPL.
- Samson crossed the 400-run mark for the second time in an IPL season. In 2018, he slammed 441 runs.
- Samson’s top three scores this season have come in a losing cause. Before scoring 82 against SRH, he scored 119 against Punjab Kings and 70 against Delhi Capitals.
- SRH recorded their highest powerplay total tgis season. While they collected 63 runs in this match, they slammed 57 against RR only.
- Samson became the second player after Ajinkya Rahane to complete 2500 runs for RR.
- Jason Roy who made his debut for SRH, registered his second half century in the IPL.
- Siddarth Kaul completed 50 matches in the Indian Premier League.
- Siddarth Kaul completed 50 wickets for SRH in IPL. He became the third bowler to achieve the feat after Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Rashid Khan
Sunrisers Hyderabad 167/3 (Jason Roy 60, Kane Williamson 51*; Mahipal Lomror 1/22) beat Rajasthan Royals 164/6 (Sanju Samson 82, Yashasvi Jaiswal 36; Siddarth Kaul 2/36) by 7 wickets.
Keep Yourself updated with the Latest Cricket News on the IPL 2021, Full IPL 2021 Schedule, IPL 2021 Live Cricket Score, Ball to Ball Commentary, IPL Cricket Match Score, IPL Latest Cricket Score, IPL Cricket Match Updates & much more only at Cricketflicker!