RCB vs GT, Stats Review: RCB displayed an all-round clinical show against Gujarat Titans to win the crucial match by eight wickets at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Thursday. After opting to bat first, Gujarat Titans get off to a steady start with Wriddhiman Saha scoring 32 off 22 balls. Later Hardik Pandya’s unbetaten 62 off 47 balls along with Dabid Miller’s quickfire 34 off 25 balls helped GT to finish at a decent 168 total in the allotted 20 overs.
In reply, Virat Kohli & Faf Du Plessis goes all blazing guns to help RCB have an upper hand in their chase of 168 runs. Virat Kohli smashed 73 off 54 balls while Plessis chipped in with 44 off 38 balls to guide RCB near the target. Later Maxwell provided the finishing touches to their innings by scoring 40 off 18 balls taking RCB over the line in 18 overs.
With this crucial win, RCB moved up to the fourth spot on the Points table with 16 points in their kitty. They will now hope for Delhi Capitals to lose their last league stage fixture to Mumbai Indians on Saturday so that they can get qualified for the Playoffs stage. RCB’s win has also eliminated Punjab Kings & SunRisers Hyderabad from the Playoffs Race.
Many Milestones were reached & records were broken in the RCB vs GT clash. First of all the highlight of this fixture was the comeback of Virat Kohli. He ensured that there were no mistakes in his shot selection or leg placement & played all his patent shots with full energy to score a blistering 73 off 57 balls. In the process, he achieved a major milestone of completing 7000 runs for a single franchise which has not been breached by any other player so far in the tournament.
RCB vs GT, Stats Review: Let’s have a look at more such important Stats & Records achieved during the GT vs RCB Clash:
- Virat Kohli became the first player to score 7000 runs for a single team in T20 cricket. He achieved the historic feat after scoring 57thrun in the match.
- Kohli is also the highest run-scorer in the history of the IPL with 6519 runs, followed by Shikhar Dhawan (6,205), Rohit Sharma (5,877), David Warner (5,876), Suresh Raina (5,528) & Ab De Villiers (5,162)
- Virat Kohli has scored two fifty-plus knocks this season, and both are against Gujarat Titans.
- Wanindu Hasarnga is the purple cap holder in this season with 24 wickets in his kitty from 14 matches. The tally is the highest by an RCB spinner in an IPL season, overtaking Yuzvendra Chahal who took 23 wickets in 2015.
- Virat Kohli became the first player to score 3000 runs while chasing in the IPL. The closest player is David Warner who has 2839 runs in IPL chases.
- Hardik Pandya became the Gujarat Titans’ leading scorer in IPL 2022. GT skipper has scored 413 runs in 13 matches at a cruel strike rate of 131.
- Shubman Gill completed 50 innings as an opener in IPL with 1556 runs under his belt.
- Kohli became the 3rd Indian batter to have the most number of half-centuries in IPL (while chasing). The first one on the list is Shikhar Dhawan with 22 fifties, followed by Gautam Gambhir- 20, Virat Kohli- 19 & KL Rahul- 18.
- As RCB won this contest, this is the 8th consecutive season where PBKS could not make it to the playoffs, the longest streak for any team.
- Virat Kohli’s knock of 73 is his highest score in the last two seasons. It is also his highest score while not captaining the team.