Mohammad Kaif Birthday: Former India Cricketer Mohammad Kaif is celebrating his 41st birthday today. He is one of India’s most prolific players. The astounding cricketer made his debut in the national team on the basis of his scintillating performances in the Under-19 level, where he led the India U-19 team to clinch the Under-19 World Cup in 2000.
Kaif has made his test debut in 2000 against South Africa in Bangalore & ODI debut in 2002 against England at Kanpur. He played in just 12 test matches amassing 624 runs from 22 innings & in 125 ODIs where he scored 2,753 runs.
Mohammad Kaif also known as ‘India’s Jonty Rhodes’ was an astounding fielder at covers and it was a tough call for the opposition to score past him. Prior to Kaif’s arrival in the national team, India was an ordinary fielding bunch. However, kaif’s introduction into the fielding department changed the scenario of India’s fielding department.
How can we forget Kaif’s heroics during the final of Natwest Trophy 2002 at Lord’s where Kaif scored an unbeaten 87 off 75 balls to guide India to a crucial win with 3 balls to spare. However, Mohammed Kaif called time on his celebrated cricketing career on July 13, 2018.
Mohammad Kaif Birthday: Let’s have a look at his major achievements:
- Mohammad Kaif played his first Test match against the South Africa national team at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Mar 02, 2000. He played only 13 Tests and 125 ODIs throughout his career, Kaif is still largely framed as one of the most athletic all-rounders of all time.
- Mohammad Kaif rise to glory during the final of the Natwest Trophy 2002. He scored an unbeaten 75-ball 87 runs to guide India to a hard-fought win. He batted with Yuvraj Singh and together they scored a whopping 121 runs. Kaif had been rightfully adjudged as the Man of the Match for his magnificent performance during the final of the Natwest Trophy 2002 & managed to achieve a record-breaking target of 326.
- Kaif played a major role in India’s win at the 2004 ODI Series against Bangladesh and won the Man of the Series It was played in Chittagong and Dhaka.
- Mohammad Kaif was the captain of the U-19 national cricket team& has led the team to victory in the 2000 World Cup.
- Kaif played a major role in India’s against New Zealand in the 2005 ODI which was held in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- He was a vital cog in India’s big win against Zimbabwe in the 2007 ODI which was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Mohammad Kaif played for India, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra cricket team, Derbyshire County Cricket Club, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club, India Red, Leicestershire, Rajasthan Cricket Association President’s XI, The Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI Punjab, and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Cricketflicker wishes India’s Jonty Rhodes a prosperous birthday filled with joy & happiness!