IPL 2021, Match 33, DC vs SRH: Overall performance by bowlers & batters helped Delhi Capitals to register a supreme eight wickets win over SunRisers Hyderabad in the match 33 of the IPL 2021 in Dubai on Tuesday.
Chasing 135 runs to win, Delhi Capitals were quick to get over the line thanks to the stunning performance with DC’s batting lineup. Shikhar Dhawan & Prithvi Shaw got off to a good start but soon SRH got their first breakthrough with the ball in the third over as SRH Captain Kane Williamson took a stunning running catch off Khaleel Ahmed’s delivery to dismiss Prithvi Shaw.
Then came Shreyas Iyer who along with Shikhar Dhawan took Delhi Capitals to 39/1 at the end of the powerplay. The two scored at a good pace & registered a fifty-run stand in the 11th over. However, their excellent stand was broken in the same over as Rashid Khan dismissed Shikhar Dhawan for 42 runs with Abdul Samad took a good catch in the deep.
Rishabh Pant & Shreyas Iyer then joined hands & kept the scoreboard ticking for Delhi Capitals. The duos registered an unbeaten 67 run stand & took DC over the line with 2.1 overs o spare. While Shreyas Iyer scored 47* & Rishabh Pant scored 35* off 21 balls.
Earlier after winning the toss & electing to bat first, SRH lost David Warner right in the first over off Anrich Nortje. Wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha & Williamson together added 29 runs but DC continued to create havoc with the ball as Kagiso Rabada dismissed Wriddhiman Saha for 18 runs in the fifth over.
Manish Pandey joined Williamson on the other end after Saha’s dismissal. The pair took SRH past fifty runs but that didn’t affect the Capitals much as Axar Patel scalped the prized wicket of Kane Williamson. Shimron Hetmyer held on to take a catch in the deep to remove Williamson from the crease. Kagiso rabada then fetched the second wicket of the match by sending Manish Pandey back to the pavilion in the 11th over.
Anrich Nortje caught Kedar Jadhav before the wickets to register his second wicket for the night. Delhi Capitals ran through SRH’s batting order to prevent them from scoring a big total. Axar Patel sent Jason Holder back to the pavilion. Late cameos by Rahid Khan & Samad added 25 crucial runs to SRH’s scoreboard by taking the side past 110 runs mark. But soon Rabada removed Samad for 28 runs. However Rashid didn’t give up & continued the fight, however soon the lone fighter got dismissed for 22 runs in the final over.
IPL 2021, Match 33, DC vs SRH: Stats & Facts
- Kagiso Rabada & Rishabh Pant becomes the first bowler-fielder pair (including wicket-keeper) to claim 20 dismissals in IPL. The second highest number of bowler fielder catches (including wicket-keeper) is between Rishabh Pant & Amit Mishra who has scalped 17 wickets.
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes the first batsman to complete 400 runs in the IPL 2021. He currently has 422 runs in his kitty scored from nine games played in this season.
- Dhawan has scored over 400 runs in an IPL season for the eighth time while Suresh Raina is ahead in the list by achieving this feat for nine times.
- Shikhar Dhawan also becomes the third player to reach the 400-run mark in six successive IPL seasons. David Warner and Suresh Raina are the other batters holding the landmark.
- Shreyas Iyer completed 4000 runs in T20 cricket. He becomes the 18th Indian to achieve the remarkable feat.
- SunRisers Hyderabad becomes the fifth team to lose seven of their eight league matches in an IPL season.
- By winning todyas’ match by 8 wickets, Dc registered their biggest win over SRH in IPL. In 2016, Delhi Capitals defeated SunRisers Hyderabad by seven wickets.
- Wriddhiman Saha has completed 2000 runs in the Indian Premier League.
- Rashid Khan is the leading wicket-taker in the SRH vs DC fixtures by scalping 14 wickets while Kagiso Rabada has scalped 11 wickets against SRH in the cash-rich league.
- David Warner got out for a first time for duck in the IPL since the 2016 IPL.
- SRH & DC have locked horns in 20 matches out of which SunRisers Hyderabad won 11 fixtures while Delhi Capitals won 9 matches.
- David Warner is the highest run scorer for SRH against DC by scoring 442 runs while Shikhar Dhawan is the highest run scorer for DC against SRH by scoring 403 runs.
Delhi Capitals 139/2 (Shreyas Iyer 47*, Shikhar Dhawan 42; Rashid Khan 1/26) beat Sunrisers Hyderabad 134/9 (Abdul Samad 28, Rashid Khan 22; Kagiso Rabada 3/37) by eight wickets
You can catch up with the Latest Cricket News on the IPL 2021, Full IPL 2021 Schedule, IPL 2021 Live Cricket Score, Ball to Ball Commentary, IPL Cricket Match Score, IPL Latest Cricket Score, IPL Cricket Match Updates & much more only at Cricketlficker!