Dinesh Karthik Birthday: Wicket-keeper batsman Dinesh Karthik turned 36 year old today & wishes poured in for the wicket-keeper batsman from across the globe. Dinesh Karthik’s Indian Teammate Shikhar Dhawan was the first person to extend his birthday wishes to the KKR Captain.
Sharing a lovely picture with Dinesh Karthik in India’s practice jersey on his Instagram stories, Shikhar Dhawan wrote, “Lots of love on your birthday, bro. Happy Birthday.”
The Indian Cricket Board, BCCI also extended their greetings to Karthik by highlighting his accomplishments in a tweet along with a picture. “2007 ICC World T20-winner. 2013 ICC Champions Trophy-winner. 152 international games and 3176 international runs. Here’s wishing wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik a very happy birthday,” BCCI tweeted.
Dinesh Karthik’s IPL team KKR also led birthday wishes for their former captain by terming him as their “rock” and “backbone”. “Our rock, our backbone, the one and only Dee Kay Anna! Happy Birthday, Dinesh Karthik,” the Kolkata Knight Riders tweet read along with a montage of Karthik.
Defending Champions Mumbai Indians also led special wishes for Karthik on the special occasion of his birthday. They also highlighted his contribution to the Mumbai Indians team by stating that Karthik has scored 510 runs in the 2013 IPL for Mumbai Indians. “Happy Birthday, DK. The wicketkeeper-batsman scored 510 runs for us in the 2013 season,” the tweet read. They also shared a picture of Karthik in MI’s jersey.
Some Facts & Highlights of Dinesh Karthik’s Career:
- The wicketkeeper-batsman has made his ODI debut for team India in the year 2004 against England at the Lord’s Stadium. Since his debut, Karthik has scored 1,752 runs at an average of 30.52 in 94 ODI matches.
- Karthik has made his test debut in the year 2004 against Australia. He has been played in 26 test matches & scored 1025 runs at an average of 25.00.
- Dinesh Karthik is featured in 32 T20Is for India & has scored 399 runs at an average of 33.25. Karthik also became the first player to win the ‘Man of the Match Award’ in T20Is. Playing against South Africa on 1st December 2006, the wicket-keeper batsman went in to bat at No 5 and scored a 28-ball 31 runs to help India reach the target of 127 runs.
- Dinesh Karthik has been a part of four IPL franchises such as Delhi Daredevils, KXIPs, MI, RCB & Gujarat Lions. He was bought for a whopping price of 12.5 crores by Delhi Daredevils in the 2014 auction & for 10.5 crores in 2015 by RCB. However, he failed to justify his price value in both the teams & thus they released him after one season. He was bought by the Gujarat Lions team for 2.3 crores in 2016. Karthik has been the second-highest-paid player at the IPL auction of 2014 & 2015.
- Karthik has played 2013 IPL matches & has scored an average of 3,946 runs at a strike rate of 129.89.
- Dinesh Karthik played a stalwart role & helped his team Tamil Nadu to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2017 & the Deodhar Trophy 2017 respectively.
We from Cricketflicker wishes the stellar wicket-keeper batsman very happy birthday!
For all the latest cricket news, live scores, live updates subscribe to Cricketflicker