IPL 2021, KKR vs RCB: KKR kick-started the second leg of the IPL 2021 by registering a scintillating nine-wicket victory over RCB in match 31 of the IPL 2021 on the grounds of Abu Dhabi on Monday.
KKR spinners did a world-class job to wrap up RCB’s innings for just 92 runs. After bundling the Bangalore-based franchise for a meager target, KKR’s batters stepped up & chased the target easily with 10 overs to spare. By registering this astounding win over the Kohli-led RCB, KKR moves up at the fifth position on the IPL 2021 Points Table.
Shubman Gill scored a quick 48 off 34 balls in an innings comprising of 6 fours & a six while debutant Venkateshwar Iyer proved his worth by displaying an impressive show with the bat by registering an unbeaten 41 off 27 balls. KKR openers kept the RCB bowlers at bay & chased the target comfortably in style. Venkatesh Iyer & Shubman Gill stitched an 82 runs stand in the sixth over & guided KKR to 56 runs at the end of the powerplay. Though Gill got dismissed in the 10th over, Iyer continued his onslaught with the bat & smashed three fours in the same over to help KKR seal a stunning win.
Virat Kohli who was playing his 200th IPL match won the toss & elected to bat first. However Kohli couldn’t turn his fortunes & make his 200th match memorable as Prasigh Krishna caught Kohli for 5 runs in front of the wickets & right in the second over, Virat went back to the pavilion.
Devdutt Padikkal & KS Bharat kept the scoreboard ticking for RCB as the duo added 31 crucial runs for the second wicket. However, the blooming partnership was broken by Lockie Ferguson who dismissed Padikkal on the final ball of power play. Andre Russell then stepped up & displayed the heroics with the ball by scalping double wickets in a single over.
The star all-rounder first caught KS Bharat deep in the ninth over & then trapped the big fish, AB DE Villiers to reduce the RCB squad to 51/4. Varun Chakravarthy then joined the wicket-takers list by scalping three wickets & initiated a run-out as KKR ran through RCB’s batting order to send them to the backfoot. Varun shone with the ball by grabbing crucial wickets of Glenn Maxwell, Wanindu Hasaranga, and Sachin Baby and returned with the figures of 3/13 from his four overs. Ferguson and Russell then picked a wicket each as KKR bowled out RCB for 92.
Varun Chakravarthy won the Man of the Match award for his brilliant three wickets haul where he conceded just 13 runs in four overs. With this win, KKR climbed to 5th place in the points while RCB went down to third place.
IPL 2021, Match 31, KKR vs RCB less known Facts & Stats
- Virat Kohli became the first player to play 200 IPL matches for a single franchise. MS Dhoni and Dinesh Karthik have played over 200 IPL matches but they have represented more than one team.
- Dinesh Karthik has scalped 114 catches in IPL which is the joint highest for any wicket-keeper. CSK captain MS Dhoni also bags 114 catches in the IPL tournament & joins the list with Karthik.
- RCB recorded their sixth lowest total in the history of IPL i.e. 92.
- This is the third time when KKR restricted RCB for a total below 100 in an IPL fixture.
- AB de Villiers got out on a duck for the 10th time in the tournament. 8 times when playing for RCB and twice when he played for Delhi Capitals.
- KKR’s today’s win over RCB is their highest in the IPL history as they chased the target with 60 balls to spare.
- Virat Kohli is the only batsman with over 6000 runs in IPL. Kohli has 6076 runs in IPL and has struck 5 centuries.
- 300+ Score & 200+ Strike Rate against RCB- Andre Russell (6 times) & Kieron Pollard (5 times)
Kolkata Knight Riders 94/1 (Shubman Gill 48, Venkatesh Iyer 41*; Yuzvendra Chahal 1/23) beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 92 all out (Devdutt Padikkal 22, KS Bharat 16; Andre Russell 3/9) by nine wickets.
Keep Yourself updated with the Latest Cricket News on the IPL 2021, Full IPL 2021 Schedule, IPL 2021 Live Cricket Score, Ball to Ball Commentary, IPL Cricket Match Score, IPL Latest Cricket Score, IPL Cricket Match Updates & much more only at Cricketlficker!