T20 World Cup 2021, Pakistan vs New Zealand, Stats Review: In recent times, Pakistan has become the team to beat on papers in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2021. After smashing India by huge 10 wickets, Pakistan carried ahead their winning momentum against New Zealand by defeating them by five wickets. The way Pakistan is performing in their fixtures, it’s clear that they would end up being one of the semi0-finalists of the mega event.
At the same time, New Zealand has some issues which needed to be addressed after their humiliating loss. The game unfolded with Pakistan winning the toss & opting to bowl first in Sharjah. Pakistan’s bowlers displayed a lethal bowling attack as the kiwis were restricted to 134/8 in twenty overs. Haris Rauf wreaked havoc with the ball by registering a four-wicket haul. Daryll Mitchell, Kane Williamson, and Devon Conway played handy knocks for New Zealand.
Although the target was not a big issue for Pakistan, their chase didn’t commence smoothly. Pakistan’s top-order batters scored runs at a slow pace & the required run rate was daunting for Pakistan. But soon Pakistan’s Asif Ali came on the field to bat at No seven & played a stupendous cameo. His 12-ball 27 took Pakistan over the line with eight balls to spare.
T20 World Cup 2021, Pakistan vs New Zealand, Stats Review:
- Tim Southee became the first New Zealander and the third player overall to take 100 T20I wickets. Shakib Al Hasan and Lasith Malinga are the other two holding the feat.
- Haris Rauf recorded his best figures in T20Is, 4/22.
- Haris Rauf also recorded the third-best figure by a Pakistan bowler in a T20 World Cup match.
- This was the fifth occasion of Haris Rauf taking four or more wickets in a T20 match.
- This was Pakistan’s 13th successive T20I win in the United Arab Emirates.
- Among Pakistan batters who scored 25 or more runs in a T20 World Cup match, Asif Ali’s strike rate of 225.00 is the fourth-highest.
- Mohammad Rizwan became the first batter to cross the 850-run mark in T20Is in 2021.
- This was only the second occasion of Rizwan batting at a strike rate of below 100 in a T20I match where he faced over 30 deliveries.
- Shoaib Malik has returned unbeaten for 32 times in a T20I innings. Only MS Dhoni (35) is ahead of him on this list.
- Shaheen Afridi’s tally of 42 T20 wickets is the second-highest by a bowler in 2021. Only Wahab Riaz is ahead of him with 45 scalps.
Stay hooked with the Latest Cricket News on ICC T20 World Cup 2021, Latest Cricket Match News, Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket Match Score, Indian Cricket Team News & much more only at Cricketflicker!