Ravindra Jadeja Birthday: India’s one of the best all-rounders known for his athletic fielding skills, Ravindra Jadeja has turned 34 years old today. The swashbuckling all-rounder who bowls left-arm orthodox spin & is a left-handed batter is an integral part of the CSK franchise in the IPL. Born in 1988 in Jamnagar Gujarat, Jadeja has become a household name due to his swashbuckling performances at both International & domestic levels. He made his International Debut back in 2009 in an ODI & T20I series against Sri Lanka. However, his Test debut came in a fixture against England back in 2013.
On the joyous occasion of Ravindra Jadeja 34th Birthday, let’s have a look at the list of his top achievements & Records:
- In the year 2012, Jadeja turned heads around by becoming the first Indian player to score triple centuries in first-class cricket. Two tons were scored during Ranji Trophy 2012 against Gujarat & Railways while his first ton was scored against Odisha in Ranji Trophy 2011
2. In March 2017, Jadeja surpassed R Ashwin to become the NO 1 bowler in World Cricket.
3. R Ashwin has amassed 1000 runs & has scalped more than 100 wickets in the Test format. He also achieved a rare record of scoring a hundred runs & scalping five wickets in a single inning.
4. In India’s Test series against Sri Lanka in 2022 Jadeja grabbed the eyeballs by staying unbeaten at 175 & scalping nine wickets. He became the first player to achieve this remarkable feat.
5. One of the best all-rounders of the Indian Cricket team, Jadeja is also the fastest bowler to reach the 200 Test wickets mark. He achieved the feat in just 44 matches. He is the fifth fastest player to score 2000 Test runs & 200 Test wickets.
6. In the ODI format too Sir Jadeja made his presence felt by scalping 100 wickets, and 50 catches amassing 1000 runs.
7. Ravindra Jadeja is the third-highest wicket-taker in the T20I format with the caught & bowled method with a total of 62 wickets taken by ‘caught & bowled’. Inderbir Sodhi & Mohammed Nabi are placed ahead of Jadeja on the list.
8. In total Jadeja has played 295 matches & has amassed 5427 runs across all formats. His highest score was an unbeaten 175 which he scored against Sri Lanka.
9. Jadeja who has been named twice in the ICC ODI team of the year in 2013 & 2016 is the top-ranked all-rounder in the ICC top Test all-rounders list.
10. Back in janaury 2017, Ravindra Jadeja became the first Indian left-arm spinner to scalp 150 wickets in the ODI format after dismissing Sam Billings at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
11. Jadeja has created a unique record by bowling a total of 4099.5 overs by scalping 482 wickets across all three formats.
12. He made his debut in the Indian premier league (IPL) for Rajasthan Royals & guiding them to a title triumph in the inaugural edition back in 2008. He has also played for Kerala & Kochi Tuskers before joining the CSK in 2012. He has been an integral part of the Chennai Super Kings franchise & the franchise has retained him ahead of the IPL 2023 Auction.
13. He was honored with a prestigious Arjuna Award in 2019 for his immense contributions to the Indian Cricket team.
Unfortunately, Jadeja has been out of action for a few months due to a knee injury. He has undergone surgery for the same & is under rehabilitation. His absence was felt in the T20 World Cup 2022 where India got knocked out in the semifinals.
We at Cricketflicker wish ‘Sir Jadeja’ a Glorious Birthday & a speedy recovery!
Stay hooked to the Latest Cricket News, Latest Cricket Match News, Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket Match Score, Indian Cricket Team News & much more only at Cricketflicker!