Jofra Archer is all set to rejoin the England Squad after the Negative Coronavirus Test!

0
9
buaksib
Jofra Archer is all set to rejoin the England Squad after the Negative Coronavirus Test!

Jofra Archer was removed from the squad that won the second Test against the West Indies by 113 runs at the Manchester venue on Monday to level the three-match series at 1-1.

Jofra Archer has rejoined the rest of the England squad at the Old Trafford after a second coronavirus test produced a negative result, the ECB said on Tuesday. Archer was removed from the team that won the second Test against the West Indies by 113 runs at the Manchester venue on Monday to level the three-match series at 1-1.

The fats bowler was left out after the ECB has revealed on the first day of the second Test match that he had breached the bio-secure rules governing international cricket’s first series since the coronavirus lockdown. He had made an unauthorized trip home after the West Indies’ four-wicket win in the first Test in Southampton. It was also stated that during his trip he also came into contact with an unnamed individual who was out of the bio-secure bubble. As a result, Archer had to self-isolate himself for five days in his room at the England squad’s on-site hotel at Old Trafford.

But following a disciplinary hearing last week, the ECB said Archer would be available for selection for the third Test provided both his virus checks produced negative results. After testing negative the pacer can be featured into the England squad in the series finale which will start at Old Trafford on Friday. England will now have to select from a set of six Paceman with Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes, and Sam Curran have all played their part in the second Test win at Lancashire’s headquarters.

Jams Anderson, Mark Wood & Archer did not feature after appearing in the opening Test match of the series. The selectors will now have to take a hard decision but England Captain Joe Root is looking to regain the Wisden Trophy after 2-1 series loss in the Caribbean last year said Archer’s error of judgment would not be held against the 25-year-old Sussex Paceman.

“It was disappointing from our side of things but as far as I’m concerned he (Archer) has been through a disciplinary meeting, he’s very aware of the consequences of his actions and very remorseful,” Root said.

“As a side and mates, we’ve been there for him. He’s aware he made a massive error but once the disciplinary has gone through it’s time for us to look at him being available”, Root concluded.

buaksib
buaksib
buaksib

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here